The Denny family arrived in Tasmania in 1921. Mr Denny, an experienced London perfumer brought with him a bag of lavender seeds. The seeds were of the French perfumery lavender, Lavender augustifolia. They settled in Lilydale, and named their property Bridstowe in memory of Mrs Denny’s birthplace in Devon.
By 1924 the Denny’s had enough flowers for a test distillation. The sample sent to London was declared “completely camphor free” and equal to good quality French oil.
The Bridstowe estate still operates today and is open to the public during the flowering season. The range of lavender products includes their famous lavender oil and various lavender scented cosmetic products.
Known fragrances of the company